Go – Giver Podcast with Bob Burg
105 Mental Toughness… FBI-Style
Often, the most effective way to stay self-disciplined is to not depend on your ability to stay self-disciplined. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, former FBI counterintelligence agent LaRae Quy shares the importance of resiliency to one’s ability to be mentally tough. That and more on today’s show.
- How LaRae defines mental toughness, and why it’s so important.
- How LaRae’s FBI training took her way out of her comfort zone…and made her stronger.
- How to move past blaming others.
- The importance of putting yourself under surveillance so you can learn to predict your response.
- Why being a positive thinker is not the same thing as being an optimist.
- How to use prioritization as a tool of resilience.
- How to reframe negative events.
- The importance of finding your family or tribe.
- LaRae’s scariest moment in the FBI.
The 8 Qualities That Resilient People Possess:
- Take responsibility for their actions
- Develop good daily habits
- Focus on possibilities
- Are positive thinkers
- Prioritize what is important
- Manage emotions
- Reframe negative events
- Find their tribe